Good combination of good wavelength and brightness for a low price.
Takes standard batteries.
UV Wavelength: 380nm
Size: 140 long X 50mm (widest). 5.5 X 2 inches.
LEDs: 41 LED UVs
Battery: 4 of AAA-size
Takes four AAA batteries (supplied).
Best alkaline (typically £1.00 to £1.50 per battery*):
- brightest for: 2 hours (1 hour at its very brightest then 1 hour not quite so bright)
- then, over the next 3 hours, it gradually dims, it still "works" but not at its best
- it is still 'lit' for another 10 hours but too dim to be of use
Cheapest (typically 10p to 20p per battery*):
- brightest for: ¾ hour (¼ hour at its very brightest then ½ hours not quite so bright)
- then, over the next 1 hour, it gradually dims, it still "works" but not at its best
- it is still 'lit' for another hours but too dim to be of use
* This is just an example of the quality of battery, standard alkaline batteries are supplied with this item.
- what it is (and fascinating facts)
- different types (and their applications)
- general examples of items lit by UV light
Photos of what you will see with this (and other) UV lights:
- Paper (banknote, stamp, security marking)
- Uranium glass
- Porcelain repair detection
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.