The most powerful for its size, fits easily into a pocket (it even has a clip, keep it in your top pocket). If you work at fairs and markets, centres and galleries, this is the one to keep with you at all times. Really serious dealers should keep one of these in their pocket and a large (even more powerful) one in the shop.
Takes one AA battery.
Size: 95mm long X 18mm dia, (3¾ X ¾ inches)
Weight including battery: 55g
Light source: LED chip, Korean
Filter: fitted with a filter to improve ultra violet transmission
Output (electrical): 3W
Output (light intensity): radiant flux* 700-900mW
* Like lumens. But lumens only refer to 'white' (visible) light.
Takes four AAA batteries (supplied).
Best alkaline (typically £1.00 to £1.50 per battery*):
- brightest for 2 hours (1 hour at its very brightest then 1 hour not quite so bright)
- then, over the next 2 hours, it gradually dims, it still "works" but not at its best
- it is still 'lit' for another 1 hour but too dim to be of use
Cheapest (typically 10p to 20p per battery*):
- brightest for: 40mns (20 minutes at its very brightest then 20 minutes not quite so bright)
- then, over the next 1 hour, it dims and dies.
* This is just an example of the quality of battery, standard alkaline batteries are supplied with this item.
- what it is (and fascinating facts)
- different types (and their applications)
- general examples of items lit by UV light
Photos of what you will see with this (and other) UV lights:
- Paper (banknote, stamp, security marking)
- Uranium glass
- Porcelain repair detection
Free gift details
If you would like one of the following free gifts with this product, select one from “Select your free gift” above.
UV-marker (RRP $3.00 )
8X16 by Gowlland (RRP $7.00 )
Credit-Card Size Fresnel Magnifier (RRP $2.00 )
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.