An exceptionally powerful specialist UV light, 15W (yes, fifteen not five).
This is a bit 'over-the-top' for banknotes, stamps, antiques etc. (it will work fine with these, so if you want the absolutely most powerful, go for it!)
Its main uses are for urine detection and contamination detection.
For contamination: a pharmaceutical lab. bought several of these. They steralise their equipment, but they can never be certain as to how clean it ends up. So, after cleaning, they sine this torch to see patches they haven't 100% cleaned.
For urine, scan your carpet / furniture in the dark, notice patches with a very slight change in colour, then work on discouraging your cat from urinating there. There's plenty of advice on the internet, just ignore anyone who claims that a cheap UV light will work.
Takes one rechargeable battery (battery and charger included).
Size: 150mm long X 35mm dia, maximum. (6 X 1½ inches)
Weight including battery: 230g
Light source: LED chip, Korean
Filter: fitted with a filter to improve ultra violet transmission
Output (electrical): 5W
Output (light intensity): radiant flux* 1200-1500mW
* Like lumens. But lumens only refer to 'white' (visible) light.
Takes one 26650 rechargeable lithium battery (extra-large, extra-powerful, ours are 6000mAh). Battery and charger supplied.
- brightest for ½ hours (¾ hour at its very brightest then ¾ hour not quite so bright)
- then, over the next ½ hour, it gradually dims, it still "works" but not at its best
- it is still 'lit' for another hours but too dim to be of use
- what it is (and fascinating facts)
- different types (and their applications)
- general examples of items lit by UV light
Photos of what you will see with this (and other) UV lights:
- Paper (banknotes, UV Security marking)
- Uranium glass
- Porcelain repairs
Free gift details
If you would like one of the following free gifts with this product, select one from “Select your free gift” above.
UV security UVmarker with UV light in cap (RRP $6.00 )
Pocket microscope, 60X (RRP $9.00 )
UV-marker (RRP $3.00 )
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.