Pocket-size scale (if you have a large pocket).
Model: Quicktest NV3000
Suitable for weighing gold and silver, weighs up to 3000g and down to 0.1g (3000g is about 96oz)
Two hard lids, large weighing platform, highest capacity for a scale of this size.
To read an article about weighing and weighing machines click here.
This weighing machine is not approved for use in trade, it must not be used for buying and selling. For approved scales click here.
Has two detachable lids, an outer lid that forms a cover over the entire scale, and an inner lid over the weighing platform. Turn either lid upside down to use as an additional weighing platform, you can then weigh piles of items.
Counting, for counting small components (must all be the same weight). Place 25, 50, 60, 75 or 100 of the components on the weighing platform. Press lots of buttons. Remove the items. Now you can place (or pour onto the additional weighing platforms) dozens or hundreds of the components, and instead of weighing them the display will show the quantity.
Backlit display can be set to turn on (good in bad light) or to stay off (good for battery-saving) or to stay on for 15 seconds each time you weight an item or press a button.
RESOLUTION / CAPACITY: 0.1g / 3000g (3000g is about 96oz)
Also switchable to ounces (oz), Troy ounces (ozT), pennyweight (dwt), carat (ct), grains (gn) and tola (tl).
- Troy ounce (ozT) for gold and silver (and was once used for letters and parcels)
- grams, metric. Today everyone weighs gold in grams. But dealers tend to weigh silver in Troy ounces
- ounce (manufacturers call it, "English Ounce", correct term is Ounce Avoirdupois) for food
- Pennyweight (dwt), pre-decimal system, still used in USA
- Carat (ct) for gemstones and diamonds, not to be confused with carat as gold purity)
- Grains, sometimes used for weighing powder for amunition or catalysts
Click herefor an online conversion program
With outer lid: 110mm X 132mm X 20mm (4¼ X 5¼ X ¾ inches)
With inner lid only: same as above but only 18m high
Without lids: same as above but only 15mm high (beautifully slim-line)
SIZE OF WEIGHING PLATFORM: 100mm X 100mm (just under 4 inches)
POWER: two AAA batteries
CALIBRATION: requires a 2Kg weight - details.
Click here for a summary of weights used for weighing gold and silver
Click herefor an online conversion program>
Need something a little larger so that you can weigh large silver items? see tbal-3kg.
The specification (0.1g / 1000g) is perfect but you need one of the same quality but smaller, see DT-1000.
This scale is guaranteed for 2 years.
The guarantee excludes:
- flat batteries. New batteries will be charged at £5.00 plus £6.50 for return postage (UK).
- if you lose the battery compartment cover (sorry, we don't have spares)
The guarantee is invalid if there is:
- obvious damage, e.g. dents, holes, cracked casing, weighing platform loose.
- signs of 'foreign material'. That's anything that should not be there, e.g. residues of herbs, chemicals, mould from leaking batteries, spilt tea.
Inaccurate readings can usually be fixed by calibrating the scale, this is something you can do yourself if you have a 2Kg calibration weight. THIS IS NOT A FAULT, all electronic measuring devices need calibrating every now and again, see calibrating weighing machines. We can calibrate it for you, for free, if it is returned within three months of purchase; after that, there is a charge of £5.00 + £6.50 postage (UK).
ps://www.quicktest.co.uk/acatalog/Approved-for-use-in-trade.html" target="_blank"> click here.