Weighs down to 0.1g and up to 3000g, suitable for weighing both gold and heavy silver items (3000g = 3Kg = about 96oz)
Batteries (supplied) or mains.
To read an article about weighing and weighing machines click here.
This weighing machine is not approved for use in trade, it must not be used for buying and selling. For approved scales click here.
Lightweight, huge display (25mm tall) digits on the display, very easy to read; display is backlit; "Reading stable" indicator; adjustable feet with spirit level; auto-cut-off after 5mins of not being used (to save batteries).
It also has a counting facility. For instance, you need to make up packets of beads. Count out 100, place on weighing platform, set the PCS function to "100", confirm - now, as you pour beads onto the platform, the display shows how many are there, rather than the weight, so you can count out any number. For heavier items you can start with a sample of 25, 50 or 75 rather than 100.
RESOLUTION / CAPACITY: 0.1g / 3000g
Can be switched to read ct (carat), oz (ounce Avoirdupois), dwt (pennyweight), gn (grains), Tal (T)
- grams, metric. Today everyone weighs gold in grams. But dealers tend to weigh silver in Troy ounces.
- ounce (some say, 'English' ounce, correct term is 'Avoirdupois' ounce) for food
- Pennyweight (dwt), pre-decimal system, still used in USA
- Carat (ct) for gemstones and diamonds, not to be confused with carat as gold purity).
- Tal (used in Bangladesh, India, Nepal, Pakistan, Singapore)
- Grains, originally used for weighing gold (based on a grain of wheat), today used for weighing powder for ammunition or catalysts
SIZE: Metal weighing platform: 110 X 110mm (4.5 X 4.5 inches) square.
Overall: 150 X 200mm X 25mm (6 X 8 X 2 inches)
CALIBRATION: requires two 100g weights (supplied)
POWER: two AA batteries.
USB cable supplied + a USB-mains plug. So you can plug it into the mains, or into anything that takes a USB connector.
CALIBRATION: requires a 2 X 100g weights (supplied).
GUARANTEE: 1 year
Click here for a summary of weights used for weighing gold and silver
Click herefor an online conversion program
This weighing machine is not approved for use in trade and should not be used for buying and selling on a value-for-weight basis.
To see legal (approved for use in trade) balances click here.