Best combination of good wavelength (see how spectacularly it shows up UV markings) and brightness (choice of 3W or 5W models).
Takes one rechargeable battery (charger included).
Read all about how UV light works; see lots of photographs of what you will see with UV light, click here.
UV Wavelength: 365nm
Size: 160 X 35mm (6.5 X 1.5 inches).
Battery: 18650 rechargeable battery (supplied)
Charger: simple charger (2-pin with UK adaptor), unscrew the cap on the torch, remove the battery, put it in the charger
Model UV-1, 3 Watt, is 3 watt, £37.50 incl. VAT
Model UV-1-5, 5 Watt is 5 watt, £45.00 incl. VAT
To see photos of how the many different UV lights compare, click here.
WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO MODELS?
UV-1 (3 watts)
Good for 'general' use indoors, e.g. banknotes, standard items of porcelain or glass, paintings, prints, gemstones etc. This is so powerful it works fine in under normal indoor lighting.
- for the first two hours, full brightness, works best
- for the third hour, not quite as bright but works OK
- for the fourth hour, goes dim, you really need to charge the battery
- for the fith and sixth hours, the light still "works" but it's too dim to be of use
UV-1-5W (5 Watts)
- for the first hour (maybe a bit less), full brightness, works best
- for the second hour, not quite as bright but works OK
- for the third hour, goes dim, you really need to charge the battery
- for the fourth hour and fifth hours, the light still "works" but it's too dim to be of use
Of similar quality, see the UV-100. The UV-100 has isn't quite as good on 'wavelength' (hence the cheaper price) but is as bright as uv-1-5W above and so will illuminate a large area - see the pictures.