Weighs down to 0.001g and up to 20g
Also switchable to ounces (oz), Troy ounces (ozT), pennyweight (dwt), carat (ct), grains (gn) and tola (tl).
- grams, metric. Today everyone weighs gold in grams. But dealers tend to weigh silver in Troy ounces.
- Troy ounce (ozT) for gold and silver (and was once used for letters and parcels)
- ounce (some say, 'English' ounce, correct term is 'Avoirdupois' ounce) for food
- Pennyweight (dwt), pre-decimal system, still used in USA
- Carat (ct) for gemstones and diamonds, not to be confused with carat as gold purity).
- Grains, originally used for weighing gold (based on a grain of wheat), today used for weighing powder for ammunition or catalysts
Suitable for weighing diamonds
Guarantee, one year
To read an article about weighing and weighing machines click here.
This weighing machine is not approved for use in trade, it must not be used for buying and selling, click here
for more information.
Built-on clear folding lid
Tare (re-set zero, e.g. put a on a scoop, re-set it to zero)
Orange backlist display
Auto-power-off if it isn't used in a few seconds (choose between 30, 60, 120 or 180 seconds)
Included: calibration weight, tweezers, carrying box
RESOLUTION / CAPACITY: 20g / 0.001g.
Can be also be switched to: g/oz/ozt/gn/ct/dwt
SIZE: the balance 142X125X43mm (6X5X2 inches); weighing platform 40mm diameter
POWER: two AAA batteries (included)
CALIBRATION: 2 x 10g calibration weights included
GUARANTEE: 2 YEARSClick here
for a summary of weights used for weighing gold and silver Click here
for an online conversion program
Superceded by a 50g model