Pocket balance (if you ahve a very large pocket) suitable for weighing gemstones and other very lightweight items.
Two hard lids, large weighing platform, high capacity.
To read an article about weighing and weighing machines click here.
This weighing machine is not approved for use in trade, it must not be used for buying and selling. For approved scales click here. Features
Has two detachable lids, an outer lid that forms a cover over the entire scale, and an inner lid over the weighing platform. Turn either lid upside down to use as an additional weighing platform, you can then weigh piles of items.
Counting, for counting small components (must all be the same weight). Place 25, 50, 75 or 100 of the components on the weighing platform. Press lots of buttons. Remove the items. Now you can place (or pour onto the additional weighing platforms) dozens or hundreds of the components, and instead of weighing them the display will show the quantity.
Large weighing platform.
RESOLUTION / CAPACITY: 0.01g / 5000g (2000g is about 64oz)
Also switchable to ounces (oz), Troy ounces (ozT), pennyweight (dwt), grains (gn) and carats (ct)
- Troy ounce (ozT) for gold and silver (and was once used for letters and parcels)
- grams, metric. Today everyone weighs gold in grams. But dealers tend to weigh silver in Troy ounces.
- ounce (manufacturers call it, "English Ounce", correct term is Ounce Avoirdupois) for food
- Pennyweight (dwt), pre-decimal system, still used in USA
- Carat (ct) for gemstones and diamonds, not to be confused with carat as gold purity). Carats are metric: 5 carat = 1 gram, 100 points = 1 carat.
- Grains, originally used for weighing gold (based on a grain of wheat), today used for weighing powder for ammunition or catalystsClick here
for an online conversion program
With outer lid: 4 X 5 X 5/8" (105 X 130 X 20mm)
With inner lid only: same as above but only 18mm high
Without lids: same as above but only 15mm high, beautifully slim-line)
SIZE OF WEIGHING PLATFORM: 4" X 4" (105 X 105mm)
POWER: two AAA batteries
CALIBRATION: requires a 500g weight - details.
GUARANTEE: 1 yearClick here
for a summary of weights used for weighing gold and silver Click here
for an online conversion program
This scale is guaranteed for 10 years.The guarantee excludes:
- flat batteries. New batteries will be charged at £5.00 plus £6.50 for return postage (UK).
- if you lose the battery compartment cover (sorry, we don't have spares)The guarantee is invalid if there is:
- obvious damage, e.g. dents, holes, cracked casing, weighing platform loose.
- signs of 'foreign material'. That's anything that should not be there, e.g. residues of herbs, chemicals, spilt tea, corrosion from leaking batteries.CALIBRATION
Inaccurate readings can usually be fixed by calibrating the scale, this is something you can do yourself if you have a 500g Calibration weight
. THIS IS NOT A FAULT, all electronic measuring devices need calibrating every now and again, see calibrating weighing machines
. We can calibrate it for you, for free, if it is returned within three months of purchase; after that, there is a charge of £5.00 + £6.50 postage (UK).
This weighing machine is not approved for use in trade and should not be used for buying and selling on a value-for-weight basis.
To see legal (approved for use in trade) balances click here.